Wednesday 20 January 2010

Springtime Ahoy!

As the snow has finally melted away thoughts turn to the hope of Spring and planning out the best use for the humble estate at the Hungry House (by humble I mean miniature). Have ordered seeds and will soon be making paper pots with my Paperpotter (a brilliant wee gadget which helps to make seedling pots out of strips of old newspaper- genius. Take a look at http://www.thegardenersshop.co.uk/paper-potter---seed-pot-maker-75-p.asp).

So I'm waiting on a big parcel from Thompson and Morgan of Broad Beans, Peas, Mangetouts, Nasturtium (first time I've grown these as a salad crop), Courgettes, Chard, Rocket, Shallots, Radish (also my first time*), Garlic and many many more.

Exciting. Now I've just got to wait for Spring to happen (and as today has been one of those days where the sun seemingly comes up but it never gets light- I may be waiting some time).

*My sister one year accidentally managed to grow 17lb of radish.... being an imaginative individual she soon brought round radish wine..... in a big demi john.... 8 pints of it. Peppery. Odd.

1 comment: