Wednesday 25 November 2009

der Zehntagedeutschefreundschaftskuchen.

In translation; 10 Day German Friendship Cake.

This is like a sourdough starter that is given to you, then you grow it for 10 days (the clue was in the title) divide it into 4, give 3 starters away with a set of instructions and then use the fourth portion of the starter to make a yeast cake with the special recipe in the instructions.

What a fab idea! So, it was given to me by my Mum lastnight and I have started the process this morning (while waiting for the plumber- but that's another story!)

I also tried some of Mum's cake lastnight, very very nice. I'll spend the next ten days trying to figure out who of my friends deserves a friendship cake the most!!! All bribes accepted. Judging closes on 4th December. (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment