Saturday 5 December 2009

10 (plus 1!) Days


So, a day later than scheduled, I have made the much awaited, surprisingly enormous, famous 10 day friendship cake... the house full of the smell of cinnamon and butter.
The mix being much much bigger than any roasting dish I own or will fit into my oven, I have opted instead to fill three springform cake tins.
I could post the recipe but I think you should wait until one special day you're given one by the friend of a lifetime!! (Or you could start your own to pass on- there are some recipes around on line.)

This cake has given me the idea of making ginger beer, something my folks used to do back in the good/bad ol' days (depends who you ask).... a similar process of growing a yeast, ginger and sugar culture which can again be passed on between friends (many tales of exploding bottles, have been strongly advised to use plastic bottles, there wasn't so many plastic bottles around in my folks' day- apparently!) Any suggestions of good ginger beer recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment